I weed whacked my whole yard yesterday. After weed whacking I’m normally exhausted, hot, and craving a salad and a beer. But yesterday was weirdly cold. The sun never quite came up, So as I finished up my yard work I came inside and decided today was a soup kind of day.
- 1 whole yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of white mellow Miso
- 1 carrot
- 2 smallish russet potatoes
- 1/2 a head of a large cauliflower
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 3 cups of broth/water (+ more for sautéing)
- 1/2 Cup of nutritional yeast
- Dice your onion and mince your three cloves of garlic, throw them in the instant pot with about a 1/4 of water hit the Sauté button and sauté the onion and garlic mixture until the onions are translucent (and the house smells incredible)
- While the onion and garlic are sautéing peel and dice your carrot and potatoes, cut your cauliflower into small florets
- Add the carrot, miso, potatoes, cauliflower and water/broth. Lock on the lid of the instant pot, set it on “Manual” for 3 minutes. (Note: if you use boiling hot water/broth, the pressure will build quicker 😉 )
- When the 3 minutes is up to a “Quick release” by turning the knob down toward “vent” and carefully let the steam escape.
- Blend! I used an immersion blender to semi purée the soup. If you are using a blender be cautious, blending hot liquids can be dangerous.
- Add your broccoli and Nooch, lock the lid, select “manual” and 2 minutes. When the 2 minutes is done do a quick release.
- Stir and enjoy! I like to break the broccoli up into smaller bits with my spoon when I’m stirring, so every bite has some broccoli =)
This soup was so good and exactly what I needed after weed whacking the yard. Serve it with some nooch on top and a loaf of sourdough bread. This soup was approved by the omnivore boyfriend, who had more than half of it and requested we make soup “at least once a week”.